Xiamen University Scholarship for international students
Xiamen University Scholarship for international students offers scholarships to doctoral, master’s and undergraduate candidates. Scholarship awardees will have their tuition covered (a maximum of 3-4 years for doctoral programmes, 2-3 years for master’s programmes, 4-5 years for undergraduate programmes). Moreover, XMU provides monthly living allowances for outstanding master’s or doctoral candidates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships. The awardees’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.
– Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
– Educational background and age limits:
– Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
– Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.
2. Academic programmes
■ Chinese-medium undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programmes
Most undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programmes are taught in Chinese. More information about the academic programmes is available on the website of XMU Admissions Office.
■ English-medium undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programmes
In order to enhance its internationalisation, XMU has launched a lot of English-medium programmes for international students. These programmes are taught in English and aim to produce high-level international specialists with a solid professional foundation plus a good understanding of the Chinese society and culture.
3. Duration of scholarship
Undergraduate candidates 4-5 years
Master’s candidates 2-3 years
Doctoral candidates 4 years
4. Application Deadline:
- April 30, 2016
5. Application procedures
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted to the undergraduate, master’s or doctoral programme of Xiamen University. (The prospectus for undergraduate programmes / master’s programmes / doctoral programmes 2016 is available at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn )
- Applicants are required to make online application at http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/application and then download and print out the Application Form for International Students generated upon successful online application.
- Applicants can fill in and print out the Application Form for XMU Scholarship (click to download).
6. Submission of application documents
Send by post to XMU Admissions Office by 30 April 2016 the two forms and other required documents.
(Postal address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University, Fujian Province,China 361005; Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792)
Applicants are expected to keep their phones open and check their email regularly as XMU Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
Related Scholarships: Full Undergraduate Scholarship at Macedonia.