Overview the Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarships Programme is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high quality leadership development programme, with the intention to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa.
- The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must have a first degree
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends. It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory
A. Financial scope of the scholarship
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
– The opening date for 2017 Scholarship applications is 11 March 2016.
– The closing date is 2 May 2016.
Click Here to Apply,
If you are new user register first so that you will get username and password.
For more information click here