The Scuola Normale Superiore of Italy offers fully-funded PhD programs to international students.
Scuola Normal Superiore, Italy
Number of Scholarship Awards:
Field of study:
Sociology, Nanosciences, Philosophy, Classics, Physics, Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences, Neurosciences and Political Science.
All students admitted to the PhD program receive full financial support. This includes tuition, fees, and a cost-of living stipend (15,012 euro per year, plus free meals). All students will be assigned further funding for their research activity and travel.
Requisites for admission
Applications for admission are invited from candidates who, irrespective of their citizenship, have an Italian laurea magistrale (MA/MS degree) or an equivalent degree from outside Italy, or who expect to have obtained the degree required for admission by 31 October 2016 – failure to obtain the degree by this date will disqualify the candidate for admission. Degrees from outside Italy will be checked, merely for the purposes of the selection process, by the selection committee, in accordance with the prevailing legislation in Italy and in the country where the degree was issued and with any international treaties or agreements for the recognition of degrees for the continuation of studies.
Admission to the call is restricted to candidates who:
- were born after 31 October 1986;
- have no past criminal charges against them resulting in a prison term of more than three years;
- have not been subject to the disciplinary measure of “expulsion” as specified in the didactic and internal regulations of the SNS;
- are not in possession of a research doctorate issued by an Italian university, and in any case have never benefitted from a scholarship to attend a research doctorate course in Italy.
Applications for admission to the selection process must be registered online by 23:59 CET of the following dates:
- 15 March 2016, for the spring session or
- 30 August 2016, for the autumn session.
More information can be found HERE
To Apply Online Click Here