Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme Offers excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and for excellent students of all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Field of Study
All MA, MSc and LLM programmes that are mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden are eligible for LExS, but note that some programmes have a start date in September only.
Place Of Study
University in Leiden, Netherlands
Who Can Apply?
Non-EU/EEA International students
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has three awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence. Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad. We do not need proof of this, it is just to indicate the competitiveness of the scholarship.
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; more information). This requirement does not apply to applicants who apply for a LExS for programmes mentioned under point 2 “For whom”.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree with the exception of students applying for a Master programme for which a specified previous Master programme or work experience is mandatory (the LLM advanced masters qualify as such).
- Students who are granted a LExS must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
You must first apply for admissions to Leiden University online. In your application, you must indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship and upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page. For programmes starting in February 2017, the deadline is 1 October 2016. For all programmes starting in September 2017, the deadline is 1 February 2017 (except for Law programmes which has the deadline of 1 March 2017).
To Access Online Application => Click Here (Leiden University, The Netherlands)