DAAD Masters Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance Programme offers graduates from developing countries the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of their home country at German institutions of higher education.
The scholarship scheme is open to candidates from Africa, Latin America, North/Central America, South Asia, Southeast Asia as well as from countries in the Middle East.
DAAD scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees. DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently €750. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany.
In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable.
All Master courses have further additional requirements that must be fulfilled by the applicants at any case.
The scholarships are awarded for selected Master courses at German institutions of higher education listed below:
• Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
• University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance
• Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
• Leuphana University of Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
• Hochschule Osnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations
• University of Osnabrück: Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society
• University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
• University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
31 July 2016.
First it is important to read the 2017 Announcement and then visit the official website (found below) to access the application form and detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.